FHSU Math Relays Results
Fifteen Rock Hills students traveled to Fort Hays State University to participate in the FHSU Math Relays on November 11, 2021. In each testing event, students competed against students of the same grade level. 31 schools (1A-6A) attended the competition this year. Rock Hills brought home 6 medals with each of the students placing in the top 10 in at least one event and the entire team placing 4th among 1A schools overall. Individual placings are listed below:
- In the Number Sense event, Freshman Allison Ost placed 6th. Sophomore Hannah Simmelink placed 2nd while the sophomore team of Tyler Hanson, Arielle Jacobs, and Abbey Schleifer placed 8th. Junior Davin Coil placed 6th and the senior team of Avery Brown, Caitlynn Scarrow and Kit Wagner placed 8th.
- In the Trigonometry event, the Junior team of Zachary Gurka, Selena Luong, and Lauren Whelchel placed 9th.
- In the Algebraic Applications event Allison Ost placed 2nd. The freshman team of Cooper McDill, Lilianna Ortiz, and Aaron Underwood placed 9th. Hannah Simmelink placed 5th and the Junior team of Davin Coil, Zachary Gurka, and Lauren Whelchel placed 8th.
- In the informal Geometry event Allison Ost placed 7th, Hannah Simmelink placed 3rd, and the sophomore team of Tyler Hanson, Arielle Jacobs, and Abbey Schleifer placed 5th.
- In the Applications of Algebra event Hannah Simmelink placed 3rd, and the Sophomore team of Tyler Hanson, Arielle Jacobs, and Abbey Schleifer placed 5th. Davin Coil also placed 5th in this event.
- In the Calculations with Calculators event, Allison Ost Placed 4th, Hannah Simmelink placed 1st, and Davin Coil Placed 3rd. The Sophomore team of Tyler Hanson, Arielle Jacobs, and Abbey Schleifer placed 9th